Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekly Blog Post

So for this weekly blog post I decided to check out the blog that interested me at the beginning of the semester. You can see it here

As I was reading all of the interesting posts, I came across one about the election. Because the election is such a huge part of our everyday lives, I wanted to see what was going on with it on other people's blogs!

This particular post said that this website TweetVolume showed which candidate was generating the most discussion. It shows four boxes where you can enter in words and see how often they are talked about on the website Twitter. On this one, they entered Bush, Huckabee, McCain, Clinton, Obama. I showed that Obama was talked about the most and Clinton second. 

I decided to go over to the original Twitter site to see what else was going on there. It is actually a place where you join and keep in contact with co-workers, friends and family member, knowing what they are doing at all times! You stay "hyper-connected" to these people. 

It is so interesting to see the different types of blogs/websites out there. Where do they come up with all of these ideas??

1 comment:

camccune said...

Twitter is interesting. I signed up for it, then realized it's really targeted to people who text-message...and I've never really gotten into that. Oh well.

By the way, here are a few things you need to fix on your web page:

* Your InDesign project links take me to JPGs that are no bigger than the 110x110 images on your web page. Upload a larger image to link to so we can actually get a better look at what you've done.

In the green bars under your web page header, get rid of the words "line decor" -- I assume they're part of the original template.

Also, notice that the word "catalog" comes up in your web browser tab/header when you view your page. That's the original page title -- you need to update that in Dreamweaver.