One of the most interesting links on this website was the Missed Connections. When you initially click on this link, it brings you a long list of comments from people who would have seen a certain person somewhere. You can also break this list down by location and even type in an address of the place you might have been when you made eye contact with a certain person. Personally, I am not the type of person to get home and look on a website to see if the man who smiled at me in Safeway wrote something about me. I just do not find that realistic. I wonder how often that happens?? Maybe this will be the newest thing to happen in our society??!!
Overall, it was very cool to see a different website like this out there. I enjoyed the layout and all of the different options that you had.
In We the Media, Dan Gillmor says that "we are witnessing-- and in many cases were part of-- the future of news." He explains how all nonstandard new sources were not being accepted by major American media, even though these sources were giving us valuable information at all times of the day. This relates exactly to the website Everyblock. This website is giving us up to date nonstandard information at the tips of our fingers. There is no way that our generation of internet savvy consumers are going to let websites like this pass us by.
2 comments:
I also found the "missed connections" section intriguing.
Good observations; good tie-in to We the Media.
10/10
By the way, thanks for changing the font color (and size) -- I can read it now!
Post a Comment